Politics
Poll: Virginia governor’s race in dead heat
Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem.
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur.
Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
“Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat”
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.
Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.
Politics
PM Modi announces nuclear, chip manufacturing push on Independence Day
PM Modi outlined plans for 100 GW nuclear capacity by 2047 and new semiconductor plants in his Independence Day address from Red Fort.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi hoisted the national flag at Red Fort on Saturday as India marked its 80th Independence Day, addressing the nation around 7:39 am.
Modi reaffirmed the government’s target of 100 gigawatts of nuclear power capacity by 2047, saying five new reactors are expected to become operational within six to seven years.
He said seven to eight new semiconductor manufacturing plants should be operational within one to two years, as part of efforts to strengthen domestic chip production.
The prime minister also announced AI-driven skill training for one crore young people over the next year, free online coaching for competitive exams, and a nationwide sports talent search for children aged five to 15.
Modi said previously restricted maritime zones would be opened for mineral and crude oil exploration, part of a wider energy security push tied to the ‘Viksit Bharat’ goal for 2047.
He said the youth have a major role in that journey, framing the announcements around Viksit Bharat and Atmanirbhar Bharat, or self-reliant India.
Celebrations were held across the country to mark the occasion, with flag-hoisting ceremonies and cultural programmes organised at state capitals, schools and government offices nationwide.
Modi opened his address by expressing solidarity with families affected by floods, landslides and other natural calamities across the country in recent weeks.
The prime minister also warned against what he described as ‘dimaagi Naxals,’ or intellectual Naxalism, calling for such elements to be identified and isolated to keep the country’s development on track.
Around five thousand special guests were invited to witness the celebrations at Red Fort, including artisans under the PM Vishwakarma scheme, women entrepreneurs under the PM Mudra Yojana, street vendors under PM SVANidhi, and taxi drivers of Bharat Taxi.
This year’s address marked Modi’s 13th consecutive Independence Day speech from the ramparts of Red Fort since he first took office in 2014.
Photo by Mr. Debapriya Hore, Wikimedia Commons, CC BY-SA 4.0
Politics
PM Modi launches nationwide youth anti-drug pledge campaign
PM Modi launched the ‘Nasha Mukt Yuva for Viksit Bharat Sankalp Abhiyan’ on August 2, with over 1 crore youth taking a national pledge against substance abuse.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Nasha Mukt Yuva for Viksit Bharat Sankalp Abhiyan’ on Sunday, August 2, 2026, at 11 am through video conferencing, beginning a nationwide campaign against substance abuse among young people.
The launch involved nearly 10,000 locations across the country, with more than 1 crore youth taking a national pledge to avoid substance abuse and act as ambassadors of positive social change in their communities.
The event drew participation from MY Bharat Volunteers, the National Service Scheme, youth clubs, schools, colleges, universities, NGOs, industrial associations and more than 125 spiritual organisations.
The launch marks the beginning of a 100-week Jan Bhagidari campaign against substance abuse, with weekly activities planned every Sunday across the country.
The weekly schedule includes sports events, walkathons, meditation sessions, cultural programmes, awareness campaigns, nukkad nataks, discussion forums and art competitions.
The campaign builds on the government’s existing Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan, extending it into a structured, multi-year calendar of youth engagement activities.
The ‘Viksit Bharat’ framing links the anti-drug campaign to the government’s broader goal of a developed India by 2047, positioning youth wellbeing as a foundation for the country’s long-term development agenda.
Educational institutions, from schools to universities, are expected to play a central role in sustaining the weekly Sunday activities, given their direct access to the young people the campaign is targeting.
The campaign builds on the government’s broader Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan, which has run de-addiction and awareness drives across India’s states and union territories in recent years.
Officials said the choice of Sunday for weekly activities is intended to maximise participation from students and working professionals who have more free time to join community events on the day.
The 100-week timeline gives the campaign a multi-year runway, allowing organisers to track engagement and adjust programming based on which activity formats draw the strongest youth participation in different regions.
Photo: Prime Minister’s Office, Wikimedia Commons, GODL-India
Politics
Cabinet approves Rs 84,084 crore offshore exploration scheme Samudra Manthan
The Union Cabinet has approved the Rs 84,084 crore Samudra Manthan scheme to expand offshore oil and gas exploration in India through FY2030-31.
The Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the ‘Samudra Manthan’ National Offshore Exploration Scheme on Thursday, July 31, 2026, with a total outlay of Rs 84,084 crore for implementation through FY2030-31.
The Central Sector Scheme, to be run by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, aims to catalyse reserve accretion of more than 600 million metric tonnes of oil equivalent while expanding offshore exploration and domestic production.
More than Rs 43,200 crore of the outlay is set aside for deep-sea and ultra-deep-sea drilling over five years through 2031, with support of up to Rs 650 crore per well in deepwater and ultra-deepwater zones, where drilling can cost Rs 950 crore to Rs 2,400 crore per well.
The scheme further allocates Rs 10,000 crore for common infrastructure, Rs 28,534 crore for offshore data acquisition, and Rs 2,000 crore for oil and gas manufacturing and services zones.
Union minister Ashwini Vaishnaw called the scheme a ‘major game-changer’ that would help India substantially raise domestic production and conserve foreign currency spent on crude oil imports.
The scheme is also expected to create large-scale employment as exploration activity picks up across India’s offshore basins in the coming years, officials said.
India currently imports a large share of its crude oil requirement, a dependence successive governments have sought to reduce through incentives for domestic exploration and production.
The petroleum ministry has previously run rounds of offshore acreage auctions under the Open Acreage Licensing Policy, aimed at drawing both public and private sector investment into exploration blocks.
Deep-sea and ultra-deep-sea drilling is considered technically demanding and capital-intensive, which is why the scheme sets aside dedicated funding specifically for wells in those zones.
The scheme’s data acquisition component is intended to help identify new sedimentary basins and improve the accuracy of reserve estimates before companies commit to expensive drilling programmes.
Photo: Indian Navy, Wikimedia Commons, GODL-India
-
Brandpost2 years agoRedfox Overseas: Customize Your Own Energy Drink and Stand Out in the Market
-
Brandpost2 years agoZamzam Company CEO Chhote Bhai-Bade Bhai gave a grand welcome to Indian writer Devhari Sirvi in Dubai
-
Fashion2 years agoShikha Sharma: The Fashion Journalist, Blogger, and Plus-Size Model Taking the Industry by Storm
-
Entertainment1 year ago
Lucky Roxx’s “Yadav Ki Pukar” Goes Viral! Youth Celebrate Unity & Power
-
Entertainment9 years agoMeet Superman’s grandfather in new trailer for Krypton
-
Entertainment9 years agoNew Season 8 Walking Dead trailer flashes forward in time
-
Brandpost2 years agoFrom Local Hero to National Icon: Satyam Yadav’s Journey with TwentyOne
-
Uncategorized2 years ago
Hello world!
